純文字D字部

向上

D字部共35個單字。若有錯誤之處,也敬請不吝指正

1.      dance (動詞) 跳舞;(名詞)舞、舞會
At the party some were singing and dancing while others were feasting.
該宴會上有些人又唱又跳,有些則是大吃大喝。
May I have the pleasure of having a dance with you?
我有榮幸能與您跳支舞嗎?

 2.      danger (名詞) 危險;dangerous (形容詞) 危險的

You will be in the danger of failing the course if you exceed four absences.
如果你缺席超過四次,這個科目你將有被當掉的危險。

It is quite dangerous for women to walk alone around here at night.
婦女晚上在這附近獨自行走是滿危險的。

3.      day (名詞) 白天、日子

I'm a nurse who works the night shift, and I have to sleep in the day time.
我是個上夜班的護士,必須白天才睡覺。
Live your life as if each day was your last and let it be your epitaph.

把每一天都當作好像是最後一日來過,而且將之當作你的碑文。

 4.      dead (形容詞) 死亡的、(電器)無效的;death (名詞) 死亡

Does anyone know how to tell if the battery is dead?
有誰知道要怎麼看電池是不是沒電了?
Some scientists believe that the acid rain and greenhouse effect caused the death of dinosaurs.

一些科學家相信酸雨和溫室效應造成恐龍的死亡。

 5.      dear (形容詞) 寶貴的;親愛的(西式信件開頭通常寫Dear+姓名)

To my sadness, I received a Dear John letter from my girlfriend.
讓我傷心的是,我收到女朋友寄來的分手信。
The good news is that one of my dearest friends is going to have a baby in September.
好消息是我一位最親愛的朋友九月要生小孩了。

 6.      December (名詞) 十二月

On the northern hemisphere, December is the month when the days are shortest and the nights are longest.
在北半球,十二月是白晝最短而黑夜最長的月份。

For some people, Christmas, which falls on December 25 every year, only means giving and receiving gifts.
對有些人而言,每年十二月二十五日的聖誕節只代表送禮和收禮。

 7.      decide (動詞) 決定

Have you decided where we are going to celebrate Halloween tonight?
你決定好今晚我們要去哪裡慶祝萬聖節了嗎?
I have decided not to buy the cell phone because it is too expensive.

我已經決定不買那個手機了,因為它太貴了。 

8.      delicious (形容詞) 美味的、可口的

Would you mind giving me the recipe of this delicious pizza?
介不介意把這個美味披薩的製作方法給我?
Not only did the food look good, but it also tasted delicious.
菜色不只好看,吃起來也很可口。

9.      department (名詞) (行政,企業等的)局、處、部門;(大學的)系.

Can you let me know which department you work in?
你可以讓我知道你在哪個部門上班嗎?
Do you know the local department store is having an anniversary sale?
你知道本地的百貨公司正在舉辦週年慶促銷嗎?

 10.  desk (名詞) 書桌、服務台

Have you ever fallen asleep at your desk while at work?
你上班的時候曾經在桌上睡著過嗎?

Maybe we should go to the Information Desk to ask for help.
也許我們該去服務台求助。

 11.  dictionary (名詞) 字典

If you have internet access, then you will find that online dictionaries are incredibly helpful.
如果你有網路連線,那麼你會發現線上字典極有幫助。
Look up the words you don't understand in the dictionary and copy them into your notebook.

把你不了解的單字用字典查出意思,然後抄在你的筆記本裡。

 12.  die (動詞) 死亡、熄滅、消逝;dying (形容詞) 垂死的、快熄滅的

My love for you will never die no matter how much time passes.
不管時間經過多久,我對你的愛永不消逝。
The room was empty and dimly lit by the dying embers of the fire.
房間是空的,快熄滅的餘火照著,顯得昏昏暗暗。

 13.  different (形容詞) 不同的;difference (名詞) 不同
The market sells many different kinds of fruits and vegetables.
市場販賣很多不同種類的水果及蔬菜。
The twins look much alike, and you can't tell the difference between them.
這對雙胞胎長得太像了,你無法分辨他們的不同之處。

 14.  difficult (形容詞) 困難的;difficulty (名詞) 困難

The task was not as difficult as I had imagined and was very rewarding when it was completed.
這項任務不像我原先想像中的難,而且完成之後覺得很值得。

Do people have difficulty understanding your speech, and ask you to repeat yourself?
大家對你的話會不會難以理解,然後叫你再說一次呢?

15.  dig (動詞) 挖拙;探究、發掘(三態變化dig, dug, dug)

     Soldiers are digging a channel to relieve some of the pressure from the swelling lake before it bursts its banks.
士兵們正在挖掘一條溝渠,以便在湖水衝破堤岸前釋放一些湖水已膨脹的壓力。
I haven't dug deep enough to figure out what is going on.
我探究的還不夠深入,無法弄明白發生了什麼事。

 16.  dining (名詞) 進餐、用餐 (通常用在複合名詞。動詞是dine)

You don't have to eat in the dining room if you don't want to.
假如你不想的話,不必在餐廳裡用餐。
I washed the plates in the sink and wiped the dining table clean.
我把水槽裡的盤子洗了,也把餐桌抹乾淨了。

17.  dinner (名詞) 晚餐、正餐(傍晚或正午吃)

I asked her out for dinner, but she turned me down.
我邀她外出吃晚餐,不過她拒絕了。
Our end-of-semester dinner party will take place on December 9, Saturday, at 7:00 p.m. 
我們的期末晚宴將於十二月九日星期六晚上七點舉行。

 18.  dirty (形容詞) 髒的;dirt (名詞) 灰塵

His parents wanted him not to get his shoes dirty because he had only one pair.
他的父母叫他不要把鞋子弄髒,因為他只有一雙鞋。

Before coming inside, brush the dirt off your pants and coat.
進來之前,先把褲子和外套上的灰塵拍掉。

 19.  dish (名詞) 盤子、(複數)碗盤;菜餚

The waitress dropped the dish onto the floor and it smashed into pieces.
女服務生不小心讓盤子掉到地上而摔碎了。
We decided to have the oyster as the appetizer and sirloin steak as the main dish
我們決定開胃菜吃牡蠣,主菜吃沙朗牛排。

 20.  do (1)(無義助動詞,幫助一般動詞形成否定及疑問句)(第三人稱單數用does;過去式did) (2)(v)

My older brother doesn’t like doing dishes, and neither do I.
我哥哥不喜歡洗碗盤,我也不喜歡。
He didn’t explain why he didn’t do his homework.
他沒解釋他為什麼沒寫功課。

 21.  doctor (名詞) 醫生、博士

An eye doctor is called an optometrist if it involves glasses or contacts.  
An ophthalmologist is the doctor you see if you need eye surgery
和眼鏡或隱形眼鏡相關的眼睛醫師叫驗光師;若眼睛需要手術則要看眼科醫師。
After his service in the military, he completed his doctor's degree in 1965 at National Taiwan University.
他在服完兵役後,於1965年在台大完成博士學位。

 22.  dog (名詞)

If you are interested in purchasing a dog, it is essential that you know how to choose the right breed of dog for your family
如果你有興趣買狗,有必要先知道如何選擇適合你家庭的正確品種。

The Golden Retriever is a breed of dog, historically developed as a gundog to retrieve shot waterfowl and upland game during hunting
黃金獵犬是狗的一個品種,過去打獵時是培養用來銜回被射中的水鳥或高地的獵物。

 23.  doll (名詞) 玩偶、洋娃娃

Would you encourage your boys to play with dolls and your girls to play with army miniatures?
你會鼓勵你兒子玩洋娃娃、女兒玩軍事模型嗎?
We have a wide range of stuffed animal dolls on sale, including crocodiles, kangaroos and koalas.

我們有各式各樣的填充動物娃娃出售,包括鱷魚、袋鼠和無尾熊。

 24.  dollar (名詞)

Click on the button and enter the quantity of how many dollars you would like to donate.
點擊按鈕然後輸入你想要捐多少錢的數量。

If you want to exchange foreign dollars to New Taiwan Dollars, you need to bring your passport with you.

如果你要將外幣兌換成新台幣,你需要帶護照來。

25.  door (名詞) 門;門口
I left a note on the kitchen table saying to leave the door unlocked because I lost my key.

我留了張字條在廚房桌上,說不要鎖門,因為我遺失了鑰匙。

The door to success is always open. What door are you unlocking today?
通往成功的大門永遠敞開著,今天你要打開哪一扇門呢?

26.  down (副詞) 往下;(形容詞)情緒低落,消沈

Frantically, I searched up and down the river calling out his name as hard as I could.
我瘋狂地沿著河上上下下搜尋著,盡全力大叫著他的名字。
Sue watched him for a while and wondered why he looked so down.
蘇看了他一下子,然後納悶著為何他看起來如此消沈。

 27.  dozen (名詞) 一打、十二個(dozens of數十個、許多)

In the accident, more than a dozen people were injured and three of them remain hospitalized.
在事故中,超過十二個人受了傷,目前其中三個仍在住院。

A number of people, including two police officers, have been injured and dozens of protesters have been arrested.
有一些人受了傷,包括兩位警察在內,還有幾十個抗議者遭到逮捕。

 28.  draw (動詞) (1) (素描) (2) (三態:draw, drew, drawn

Drawing differs from painting in that when painting, one usually applies a liquid medium with a brush.
素描畫不同於油(水彩)畫在於畫油畫時,通常要使用刷子塗抹液態材料。
To ride in a horse-drawn carriage is a truly special experience, and it becomes even more memorable when you're traveling through the forest.
搭乘馬車真是特別的經驗,如果又穿過森林的話會更讓人難以忘懷。

 29.  dream (名詞)夢、夢想;(動詞)做夢

If you like lying on your sofa while enjoying your favorite TV show, a recliner will be a dream come true for you.
如果你喜歡躺在沙發上享受你最喜愛的電視節目,那躺椅正可以實現你的美夢。
No one in my family even thought that I would become an actor and neither did I dream to be one.
我家人甚至沒想過我會當演員,我也沒夢想過我會當。

 30.  dress (名詞) 洋裝、連身裙;(動詞)著裝、穿衣

Try on different styles and designs until you find the dress that suits you the best.  
試穿各種不同的風格與款式,直到找到最適合你的洋裝為止。

As the weather outside is frightful, please make sure that your children are properly dressed with coats, gloves and hats.
因為外面天氣很糟,所以請務必確認貴子女穿戴適當的外套、手套及帽子。


31.  drink (動詞) 喝 (三態drink, drank, drunk);(名詞)飲料

Try to drink as much water as you can in order to prevent dehydration.
設法盡量多喝水以防止脫水。

Dentists in the UK say that fizzy soft drinks (sodas in the USA) have a dramatic effect on tooth erosion on teenagers.
英國的牙醫說「發泡軟飲料(美國說蘇打汽水)」對青少年的牙齒腐蝕有巨大的影響。

 32.  drive (動詞) (1)駕駛、開車;(2)迫使、驅使

If you are 21 or less and caught driving under influence of alcohol, then you can lose your driver’s license for 2 months.
二十一歲或不到二十一歲者,酒駕一經查獲,可能遭吊扣駕照二個月。
I have a very odd problem, which has been driving me crazy for two days.
我有個很怪異的問題,這兩天來快把我逼了。

 33.  drop (名詞)滴、水珠;(動詞)掉落、落下

Before your baby leaves the hospital, a few drops of blood will be drawn from your infant's heel.
你的嬰兒在出院之前,我們會從他的腳跟抽幾滴血。
Follow the steps below if the camera gets wet or is accidentally dropped into water.
若本相機弄濕或意外落入水中,請遵循以下步驟。

 34.  dry (形容詞) 乾的;(動詞)弄乾、使…乾

Check with your doctor at any time when your skin becomes too dry and irritated.  
當你的皮膚變得太乾燥或發炎,請隨時諮詢醫生的意見。

Towel dry your hair well before you either blow dry or air dry it.
在吹乾或自然風乾頭髮之前,要好好地用毛巾把它擦乾。
 

35.  during (介系詞) 在…期間

Since cameras and other recording devices can be distracting for musicians, please do not take photos during the performance
因為照相機或其他錄音器具可能使樂師分心,所以請在表演期間不要拍照。

For security or confidentiality motives, it is recommended that you log off your computer account during your absence.
為了安全或保密的原因,建議你不在場時要登出你的電腦帳號。